Lendonwood Gardens provides a stunning backdrop for weddings and other special events. We welcome the opportunity to share the Gardens at these special moments in people’s lives. At a Lendonwood wedding, the beauty of the ceremony is enhanced by gorgeous flowering plants, towering oaks, richly textured evergreens, and lovely water features.
Amenities include a gazebo surrounded by rose gardens, an open-air Japanese pavilion overlooking a koi pond, and numerous spots for memorable photographs on the special day. Open grassy areas allow space for chairs, tables, bands and dancing. Electricity is available at key locations to offer romantic lighting for evening ceremonies and facilitate food service and music. The back entrance of the Gardens is close by, offering easy access for caterers, florists, musicians and those with mobility problems. Restrooms and additional parking also are located near the back entrance.
We look forward to sharing the beauty of the Gardens on your special day. Please call Lendonwood Gardens at 918-786-2938 for more information, to reserve a date or to arrange a tour.
Event Policies. In order to ensure Lendonwood’s spectacular beauty for enjoyment by everyone, we have established rental policies for use of the Gardens for weddings and special events. Please review the policies (Policy tab, below) in the early planning stages for any special event at Lendonwood.
Click an image to enlarge and begin slide show.
Group tours must be scheduled at least two weeks in advance of the visit. Tours are led by a trained Lendonwood volunteer, who can provide a general overview of the Gardens, point out highlights, and answer questions throughout the tour. In addition, group tour operators may wish to arrange, in advance, for tea to be served by Lendonwood volunteers in the Japanese Pavilion.
Lendonwood provides free parking for buses along the Gardens’ eastern boundary. Restrooms are located at the back of the Gardens.
Rates for group tours of Lendonwood Gardens are: $5 per person for a guided tour or $7 per person for a guided tour and tea served in the Pavilion. Group tours require a $75 minimum.
To schedule a group tour, please contact Lendonwood at 918-786-2938. Please let us know of any special needs or interests of your group. We look forward to hearing from you.
Thank you for choosing Lendonwood Gardens. We hope you will enjoy the garden and treat it with special care. Lendonwood is a public garden, but it is maintained and funded solely by donations and volunteer labor. Following is our policy for special events in the garden.
1. Calendar dates are reserved on a first-come, first-paid, first-served basis.
2. $450 Fee, plus $100 damage/date, both paid in advance holds date and 3-hour time block for garden wedding.
3. $550 Fee, plus $100 damage/date, both paid in advance, holds date and 3-hour time block for garden wedding if erecting a tent in the garden. Tents cannot be erected more than 4 hours prior to celebration in order to allow adequate sunlight to plantings. (Garden does not supply tent.)
4. $650 Fee, plus $100 damage/date, both paid in advance, holds date and 3-hour time block for garden wedding including use of the Japanese Pavilion.
5. $200 Fee, plus $100 damage/date deposit, both paid in advance, holds date and 3-hour time block for small wedding of fewer than 20 people, using the Japanese Pavilion only (price effective August 30, 2014).
6. Scheduling after 4 p.m. allows the most privacy, as the Gardens remain open to the public during the day.
7. Parties reserving the Garden are responsible for set-up and clean-up. Please leave the Gardens as clean as found. Damage/date will be returned if gardens are left in good shape.
8. It is requested that all food particles remaining from catered events be carefully bagged and removed from the garden as they attract animals and insects.
9. Veterans who are getting married receive a 15% discount.
10. Electricity is available throughout the grounds.
11. A Signed Rental Agreement, furnished for your signature at the time of event, must be on file.
The Japanese Pavilion is available, to members only, for small meetings of under 12 people, for not more than 2 hours, weekdays only, for a fee of $35. The pavilion may also be rented for birthday parties, memorial services, and wedding vow renewals for a 2 hour period for no more than 50 people and a $100 fee.
We look forward to having you and your guests enjoy the beauty of Lendonwood Gardens. For further information, please contact Lendonwood at 918-786-2938.